I hope you join in – either on your own blog ( and leave a link) or leave one in the comments box.
1. I will not launch my families career into the pop scene based on our awesome scores in Guitar Hero. Nor will I insist we model ourselves on the Partridge family, their fashions or morals... though I wouldn't mind having that funky bus to drive around in.
2. I will not start a religious cult for writers based around the worship of coffee and chocolate. It will certainly not insist that initiated members record their sleeping patterns, evicting them if they dare slumber for longer than 4 hours at a time.
3. I will not remodel my writing space to emulate Bernards space in Black Books. Nor will I follow his example of hygiene and healthy eating. I will however use his quote " You will not use that word as a verb in my presence!" (party) as many times as I can.
4. I will not attempt to shave costs on our household budget by suggesting the family adopt the breatharian technique.
5. I will not fall in a heap every time one of my stories or submissions is greeted with hysterical laughter or a form rejection letter. I will take this feedback in a mature professional manner.......... find out where the judges live and hunt them down; forcing them to scream for mercy.. sorry where was I? small lapse of concentration.
6. I will not donate all my punctuation marks to charity, but rather allow them to roam freely amongst my blog and work, encouraging them to take up residence where they feel comfortable. I will continue to ignore societal demands for the standardisation of grammar and nourish the organic growth of my punctuation with my blatant ignorance.
That all being said..