Monday, September 13, 2010

Embrangled

This weeks prompt asked us to create something using these words - but not to look them up.
Periapt
Vilipend
Embrangle
I have taken a step to explore the free flowing poetry format....

Embrangled.

Embrangled in my youthful fancies
It slammed me like a mac truck.
For a time I remained
Vilipent and full of denial.
But now, every mirror visit
I see more grey hairs and wrinkles.
Bemused, Periapt, fearful.
I wonder if I aught to invite myself 
to the pity party I’ve just created
or creep away
to search for hair dye or the newest wrinkle cream
Join the harried crazed eyed bottle blonds
seeking to recapture a youth slipping past.
Perhaps I’ll revel,
 Embrangled in this next stage of my life instead.


XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Story inspired by the [Fiction Friday] prompt at Write Anything and submitted to JM Strother’s #FridayFlash  via Twitter. This Poem was recorded and posted up for Spoken Sunday via Audio Boo


2 comments:

Hannah said...

ooh, great job and interesting exercise! I'll have to write that one down and try it.

J. M. Strother said...

That's pretty brave, writing around three words you don't necessarily know the meanings of. I read it aloud and it seems to work nicely, of course just deriving the meanings from context, as I've never heard of any of those words before. I assume you have since looked them up?
~jon