Prompt: If you could be any age at Christmas, what would it be? — list 5 reasons why (don’t stop at 5!!)
The wonderment of Christmas lights on festive trees or on houses open a fairytale world to a child. Tinkling bells whisper secret promises of Christmas morning. With singing, festive decorations and most people in a far better mood than other times of the year, if I could choose to be any age at Christmas time; I’d be 4 and a half.
- Fairies and unicorns are real.
- There is no other colour in the universe better than pink. Well, perhaps purple with twinkling stars through it.
- Every one calls you “Princess” and means it.
- Dimples behind your knees are cute.. as are a rounded tummy and chubby cheeks.
- Any present which contains a sparkly wand or clip clopy plastic shoes or huge junky plastic jewellery is far better than anything else in the world.. except a pony.
- A child of four and a half has an incredible ability to consume copious amounts of candy canes and icecream and never once worries about sugar content, tooth decay or calories.
- Regardless of what time you went to bed on Christmas Eve, as soon as the sun is up ( and often beforehand) you are able to spring out of bed, alert and ready to explore what Santa has brought.
- The best presents your family get are ones crafted by your own fair hand; squew-wif angels atop pink cottoncandy trees, heavily decorated with sticky fingerprints and far too much glue and sparkles.
- Often the boxes and wrapping paper hold as much playtime enjoyment than the presents (especially the ones from old aunts who give you books, underwear, socks and handkerchiefs.)
- Christmas time is one of the only times adults tend to let their guard down, have fun, get competitive with slot car racing, board games or building mansions from lego.
- Chocolate is chocolate... isn't it? no concerns about purity or cocoa percentages.
Have a fabulous Christmas - be with the ones you love and cherish these times.